Friday, April 2, 2010

New Releases: 3/28/10-4/2/10

Not a huge week for new releases, but there are some that deserve to be noted.

Solar by Ian McEwan
I haven't actually read anything by Ian McEwan yet (and no, I do not live under a rock) but this book has been generating a lot of buzz--and it looks very interesting. The global warming backdrop to the book could really work and I'm fascinated by the idea of a main character that you despise.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads
Official Website


Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas
It was the title that first attracted me to this book, but I really love the concept. The book is about families after an avalanche in Colorado in 1920 and how their lives change and evolve.

Amazon

Barnes and Noble
Goodreads
Official Website




Pearl of China by Anchee Min
This book tells the partly true story of the friendship between a poor Chinese girl and the daughter of a Christian missionary through the Chinese Revolution. Hooray for historical fiction, and isn't the cover gorgeous?

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads
Official Website

31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan
This is a legal drama that takes place before the Civil War about a girl trying to prove her innocence in a murder. I love courtroom dramas, so this looks very good.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads
Official Website


Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet by Lisa Lillien
This is a book of simple, quick recipes. Seeing as that's all I can handle, those are the recipes I need.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads
Official Website


What are you excited about this week?

3 comments:

  1. Great info! I've wondered about that Hungry Girl 123 book! Newest book blog hop follower and following your blog. Stop in and say HI to me at Scraps of Life at http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received Solar for review this week. I've seen some mixed reviews. I found your blog on the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Sandra Dallas through a friend and love her work. I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete