Friday, April 16, 2010

New Releases: 4/10/10-4/16/10

Here's what to look for in bookstores this week.

Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
This is a family drama about a mother who's son is depressed and a "shocking act of violence." The author won a Pulitzer Prize, so I expect this will be good.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel
I loved The Life of Pi so much--it completely changed the way I thought about literature as a whole. Honestly, I think it was one of the first books I read that was more than YA or fluff. So I cannot wait to read this new book, even though it has gotten mixed reviews.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Goodreads

Th
e Bride Collector by Ted Dekker
This is a thriller about a serial killer that leaves a wedding veil at the scene of every crime. I've been in the mood for something fast-paced and interesting, and this could fit the bill.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

The Eerie Silence by Paul Davies
A nonfiction book about the seabrch for alien life. That entire topic just seems fascinating to me, and I'd love to read about the ways scientists are going about searching for life on other planets.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future by Michael J. Fox
I love Michael J. Fox's movies. Who could possibly fail to enjoy Back to the Future? So when I saw this memoir, I got really excited. It's sounds fun and funny, and interesting to boot.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

What are you excited about this week?

3 comments:

  1. What a great compilation of new releases! I loved Life of Pi so much, I can't wait to read Beatrice and Virgil! The cover of The Bride Collector is way spooky. I bet that Michael J. Fox book is super funny. He's always been one of my fave comedian actors. The other two books look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got around to reading The Life of Pi, but it sounds great. And, of course, if you recommend it, I'd love to check it out ;D I like how the cover kind of has the same design!

    Oh, and definitely checking out The Eerie Silence. Life out in space has intrigued for as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, just dropping by on the hop and have become a new follower.

    I'm really looking forward to reading Every Last One, so I look forward to hearing what you think about it.

    You can visit my blog here if you're interested.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete