Friday, April 23, 2010

New Releases: 4/17/10-4/23/10

Here's what to look for in bookstores this week.

The Light by D.J. MacHale
I really enjoyed the Pendragon series by this author, and I'm super excited to see his take on a new
and different cast of characters. This first installment in a new series draws inspiration from ghost stories.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Goodreads

The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series is so much fun to read, and I'm sure this safari mystery story will be no different.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads


Parrot and Olivier in America by Peter Carey
This is a historical fiction novel set during 1800's America about a Frenchman fleeing his country and his friend/servant (it's a little unclear). The author has won two Booker Prizes, so I'm sure this will be exceptionally well-written.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

God is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World and Why T
heir Differences Matter by Stephen R. Prothero
This book is all about the beliefs and questions of every major world religion, and the paths they take to solve the problems set forth by their faiths. I've always wanted to learn more about religion as a whole, and this seems perfect for that.


Amazon

Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

Bounce by Matthew Syed
This book is similar in concept to Outliers, about the people who are the very best in their fields--Mozart, Picasso, Federer, and the other people who have risen to the top. The whole topic is incredibly interesting, and I can't help feeling that if I know how they do it, I can be excellent too.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr
These urban fantasy novels about faeries in New York are really fun to read, and I'm excited to get more engrossed in the world Marr has built.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

What are you excited about this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'll probably read Parrot and Olivier in America as soon as it appears in my local library.

    I haven't heard of Bounce before, but it sounds like the sort of thing I'd love - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete