Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Releases: 4/3/10-4/9/10

Oh my god, it was so difficult to narrow down the huge number of books coming out this week to the few I talk about here--and I still ended up with a bunch! Here are some of the amazing sounding new books being released.


Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
I love all of John Green's books--An Abundance of Katherines is one of my favorites. So I was very excited when I discovered that he had a new book coming out, especially one that sounds as cool as this one. At it's core are two boys who share the same name (three guesses what it is), but it looks like it examines the teenage experience as well as John Green's other books do.

Amazon

Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

Anthill by Edward O. Wilson
This is a novel by a renowned naturalist about a boy working to save an anthill. As a person who very passionately believes in saving the environment, this looks excellent, as well as having a very good story.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

Daughters of Witching Hill by Mary Sharratt
This explores the witch trials in the 1600's through the eyes of several women who are accused of witchcraft. It is based on actual events in an actual town, which makes it all the more fascinating. Even though the witch trials make me so mad at the unfairness of it all, I love reading the stories of the people caught up in that period of time.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads

The 39 Clues Book 8: The Emperor's Code by Gordan Korman
I haven't actually read any of the books in the 39 clues series, but the idea of them really interests me. The concept is that you find clues in every one of the books, in addition to on the website and in the trading cards. I love the idea of interactive reading, and I would like to pick up a book to see what it's like.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads
39 Clues Website

The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
First, what a pretty cover! Second, an interesting look at the newspaper industry is something I haven't read before but that looks neat to read.

Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Goodreads



What are you excited about this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment