Sunday, May 16, 2010

In My Mailbox (1)

My town has a huge used book sale every year, and every year I manage to find a gazillion books I want to read. And they're so cheap, how could I not buy every single one? And....I end up broke. But with lots of books!


Bought:
Shakespeare by Bill Bryson
When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Volume 2) by William Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Snow by Orhan Pamuk
The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
City of Light by Lauren Belfer

What did you end up with this week?

4 comments:

  1. When the Emperor Was Divine is a good read. Look like you found alot of fun books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice stash! I haven't read many of these but would love to hear your thoughts! Are you a Shakespeare fan? :) I'm guessing from your book choices. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Shakespeare, but it was more the fact that the classics were all 50 cents each as opposed to the rest which cost more. So I just picked them up so I could own the plays--I was a little upset I couldn't find Volume 1 of the complete collection, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just "hopping" by...
    City of Light by Lauren Belfer was really good. So much so, that I'm re-reading it again this summer. I hope you enjoy it.
    Stop by my blog...http://bagsbooksandbonjovi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete